Dear Faculty and Staff Members:
We recognize that many of you will be taking off the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 29, 2013, and that this will impact staffing in your departments. The College will be on a reduced schedule to achieve energy and other related savings, and therefore those that will be working may be assigned to an alternative work location.
As a state agency, the College must remain open. This is because state agencies are not allowed to close without the governor’s approval. However, during the holiday season some offices will close for a brief period of time because staff have opted to use their accruals. Students, staff and visitors will expect our offices to be open and we want to make them aware BEFORE they come to campus that an office is closed.
If your office is closing, or alternate assignments for staff is needed please follow these steps:
- Each department head (or his/her designee) must report to their VP or Dean for approval in the decision to close their office as well as to discuss alternate assignments for staff if necessary.
- The Vice Presidents and Deans or their secretaries should visit http://www.newpaltz.edu/officeclosings.
- Click Submit/Update Office Closings and log in.
- Select office to be updated.
- Add date office will be closed.
- Click Submit.
- Listing will disappear after applicable date.
Please contact Human Resources at x3171 if you have any questions concerning the above